USED BOOK SALE AND CONSIGNMENT
SUMMER 2014 DATES
CONSIGNMENT: April 23 - May 8
USED BOOK SALE: May 2 - May 16
CONSIGNOR PAYOUT PRICE: 85% of used price (around 60% of new book price)
USED BOOK PRICE: 70% of new book price
Three times per year, the Capilano Students’ Union holds a used textbook sale. Books are accepted on a consignment basis and sold for 70% of the bookstore price. Students who consign their books receive 60% of the bookstore price when their texts sell. While we do accept highlighted and "wounded" texts, it is to your advantage to keep your books in good condition if you hope to sell them at a later date. Consult your Student Handbook or our website calendar for the consignment and sale dates.
IMPORTANT UPCOMING DATES:
- APR 23 First day to consign books
- MAY 2 First day to purchase books
- MAY 8 Last day to consign books
- MAY 12 Last day to return purchased books
- MAY 16 Last day of book sale
- MAY 26 All consignment cheques and unsold books are ready to be picked up - GO TO MA 116
- JUN 6 Last day to pick up cheques and unsold books - PICK UP FROM MA 116
Click on one of the links below to download the Book List for the Summer 2014
The Book List contains a list of all of the books being used for classes at the North Vancouver campus in the Summer 2014 semester. The list does not mean that the books will be in inventory and available to purchase. E.g. If a book is brand new, it will be on the list but the CSU will not receive any copies consigned by students as that book edition has not been used before so there are no used copies in circulation.
USED BOOK CONSIGNMENT - ONLINE
You can track the status of your consigned books through our online account look-up. Click on the link below to view your account information. This feature is live during the consignment and sale periods.
Used Book Consignment Account Look-Up
* Consignor Account Number = Student Number
IMPORTANT USED BOOK SALE & CONSIGNMENT INFORMATION
- We only buy and sell books that are assigned for courses in the current semester - Current book lists are available at the web page for the University book store.
- Books which are new editions are unlikely to be found "used".* Please don't assume that if the title is on the list, it will be available at the sale. The list indicates books that we will accept on consignment.
- We do our best to list the correct books for courses. Mistakes do happen, though! Check your books against your course list as soon as your class begins.
- We accept books on consignment only.* This means that you receive money after the booksale but only if your books sell.* You receive 60% of the new bookstore price if your book is sold.* Payment is by cheque only.
- WHETHER OR NOT YOUR BOOKS ARE SOLD, you must return to the students' union to retrieve your cheque and/or books between the dates specified on your consignment form. Any unsold books not picked up by the end of the pick-up period will not be returned.
- We sell books at 70% of the bookstore price, regardless of condition.
- We do not buy or sell photocopied notes as well as most lab manuals.
- Books purchased at the CSU may be returned for a full refund for a limited time.
- A receipt must accompany all returns.
- Remember, we sell books in the order they are consigned so bring your books in as early as possible during the consignment period to avoid disappointment. First in, first out.
Do you have any old and unwanted textbooks? Donate them to the CSU! Just drop them off in our collection bins during the book consignment period, or just drop them off at the Services Desk.
The CSU has partnered up with Better World Books for a number of years now keeping books out of the landfill and repurposed. To date, Better World Books has "raised millions of dollars for literacy, saved millions of books from landfills, created jobs for hundreds of people, and provided wonderful books to millions of readers worldwide."
Interested in knowing how much of an impact the CSU has made? Download the Environmental Metrics Report to see how we have helped save the environment over the years!